So your office / home has WiFi but no Ethernet. You just acquired a machine that does not have a WiFi card. Bummer! What can you do?
Do you have a spare AirPort Express ? Did you know you can use it as an Ethernet to WiFi bridge?!
We discovered this feature some time ago and were pleased to learn this trick is documented.
Apple does mention this ability in support docs : Depending on how you have it set up, the Ethernet port can function as a LAN port (defined as either simple bridging or sharing your Internet connection via network address translation) or a WAN port (connecting to your broadband Internet service provider or upstream router).
What We Tell The World
- About this server
- The hostname: websiteforensics.com
- This server address: 18.104.22.168
What You Tell The World
- Your IP address: 22.214.171.124
- Your hostname: ec2-184-72-91-94.compute-1.amazonaws.com
- Your country domain: .com
- You came from:
- Requested URL: /apple/using-airport-express-as-a-bridge-to-ethernet/
- Browser INFO: CCBot/2.0